A short update …..
Just wanted to write and give you a short update on the family and the ministry of CCBI.
Firstly, let’s start with what has happened in the last few months, Summer (in the Northern Hemisphere is our winter) is traditionally a time where we travel and minister.
Gwyn took extended time to be with her mum in the UK, Becky was in New Zealand, England and served on an outreach team in the Middle East, Jordy was in the USA and then back ministering in New Zealand.
I took my normal approach to travel and managed to get to 10 countries in 7 weeks, highlights were seeing my mum in England and teaching at out home church, Church on the Way, Bradford. Teaching in CC Turku, Finland and then going with the church to the Scandinavian Conference in Sweden and co teaching the book of Nehemiah with whole host of great teachers. The crazy trip was Uk to Canada via New Zealand, (a long story and even longer trip), using the “Jules Verne around the world in 80 days effect”, to arrive the same day I left to teach the CC Whitefields family retreat, in Alberta Canada. A blessed time with so many great people. During the 7 weeks I was blessed to be able to teach from Romans, Nehemiah, Acts, then back to NZ to teach Galatians, Ephesians and Hebrews in the CCBI Semester.
Family & Ministry updates
We are doing well and busy, stepping back hasn’t really happened in one sense, and that is good. We are more heavily involved in ministry than we have ever been. And we love it!!!
I remain the lead pastor of Psalm 2:8 trust, of which CCBI, is a part and Pastor Jake has taken on the day to day directing of CCBI. This will allow us to concentrate on developing and discipling within CCBI and the ministry of Calvary Chapel in New Zealand and across the region.
Gwyn is well, supporting Tecla as she transitions into leadership of the women’s ministry here in CCBI, co teaching on the attributes of God this semester. She helping to facilitate a women’s conference next weekend for Pastors wives and leaders with the women’s ministry of Calvary Chapel in New Zealand, so please pray for that October 19th-21st.
Gwyn and I will travel out to Nepal on the 23rd October as our outreach this semester, we will be visiting friends and seeking to encourage them as they serve the body there in Nepal.
Jordy is teaching Ezra & Nehemiah in CCBI and will be joining the leadership team of CCBI next Semester. He has just returned from leading an outreach team to Fiji and Moturiki island. Please pray for him as he adjusts to new and additional responsibilities, as well as developing a youth program for discipleship of New Zealand Youth we plan to begin in January 2020.
Becky has just left for Cyprus to go and lead the children’s ministry for the Refresh Mediterranean Conference in Paphos, please pray for her as she leads this portion of the ministry and she also has some decisions to make about her next steps into full time ministry.
The big CCBI News is that after two years at the River lodge here in Reporoa, we are moving the school about 2 hours North into the Waikato, near to Cambridge.This will mean we will be closer to more Calvary Chapel ministries and will allow us to be more effective in supporting and under girding the ministry of Calvary Chapel churches in the New Zealand…. more to come on the new Venue.
Prayer & Praise Requests
- NZ Pastors wives and leaders Ladies conference hosted by CCBI, October 19th-21st.
- pray the Lord would move and give vision and encouragement.
- Nepal trip for Mark & Gwyn October 23rd – Nov 2nd.
- Becky and Abbie the Cyprus children’s ministry team, October 13th-22nd.
- Speakers week with CCBI , with Pastor Fernando Ortiz (Mile High Calvary CO, Pastor Charles Mareu (CC Fiji) and several local pastors.
- Please pray for anointing and powerful move of the Lord through the power of His word.
- Shorelines mens conference , I will be leading worship for the conference, November 16th-17th.
- The CCBI move!!!, provision and all the practical things that need to happen in moving school and staff , homes people and stuff.
- Financial provision for moving to and relocating to the new bible school location.
- Becky as she makes decisions to move into full time ministry and all the issue that goes with it support, moving.
- Praise for a great start to CCBI semester
- Praise for the ministry of the summer in Canada and UK and Finland.
A Thank you……
This year, Gwyn and I celebrate, 40 years teaching the bible, 30 years married and 20 years on the foreign mission field and we truly wanted to say a very heartfelt thank you for all the love, care and prayers, we really can’t do this without you, so thank you, firstly to the Lord who has done all this and for all of your partnership in this ministry.
God Bless M & G