Once again another year has gone !!!!
This year has seen CCBI become established at the Ark Conference Centre in Te Awamutu, in the heart of the Waikato, in Central North Island of New Zealand.
We have just completed our Spring semester and it has been memorable. A great group of students some 30 in all, with a real hunger for the word and to grow in Christ. This semester has stood out for us because of the great hunger and desire of this group, it has been exciting and wonderful to be part of their journey. Not all semesters are like this but this one has been such a blessing.
We have seen outreach trips to Calvary Chapel Melbourne, Calvary Wellington and the newly planted Calvary Chapel Nasinu, Suva, in Fiji.
Calvary Chapel Nasinu, Fiji.
Led by Pastor Charles Mareu, a former CCBI student, this is the first Calvary Chapel church plant in Fiji and it is a joy to be part of this new work in the Nasinu suburb of the Fijian capital, Suva. The church which currently meets in Charles & Tina’s house and is growing. As part of a recent outreach trip to the church we have been able to help with renovations to the house and accommodation where the church services are held. The funds for the renovation were generously donated by the Calvary Chapels from New Zealand and Australia as we partner with our South Pacific Neighbours.
We are currently preparing the paper work to formerly register the church with the Fijian authorities.
Please pray for Pastor Charles & Tina as they minister to the small flock, specifically for the registration and the resources needed for that process. The church leadership is all Fijian and such a joy, please pray for them as Charles establishes elders and follows the Lord’s Leading. The church is situated in a poorer community and as such the church physically feeds many every Sunday, as well as feeding them with the word of God. Please pray for this aspect of the church outreach.
We currently have two Fijian students with us, whom we have sponsored along with Word of Life NZ. Luisi & Akuila will complete their studies in May next year and head back to Fiji to serve with Pastor Charles. Please pray for Luisi & Akuila they they may gain the maximum benefit from their last semester with us. We would also like to be able to sponsor future Fijian students, who can train with us and then return back to the work in the Islands.
Please pray about partnering with us in the work of CC Fiji, both prayerfully and financially. CCBI has taken on the responsibility of being a central point of support for CC Fiji, so please if the Lord places on your heart to partner with us and Pastor Charles please contact us so we can discuss options.
- Gwyn, as many of you will know, Gwyn recently made an unscheduled trip back to the UK as a result of her mums deteriorating health. Her mum is still in hospital and as a result Gwyn has decided to remain in the UK through the Holiday season. Wisdom is needed regarding the future care options for her mum. Please pray for comfort and wisdom for the family during this holiday season, peace, financial provision and a sense of the Lord presence for all.
- Mark, in light of Gwyn staying in the UK over the Holiday season, I want to go and support her and our mums, so I will be also taking an unexpected and unscheduled trip to the UK, I woud appreciate your prayers for everything that surrounds the trip. I have enjoyed the semester and especially have great joy being involved in worship ministry, this is something I just love doing. I guess Gwyn and I are both entering a new season and looking for wisdom as to how to navigate the future, the words of Peter are deeply comforting “Casting all your cares on Him who cares for us” 1 Peter 5:7. Prayers appreciated
- Jordy, we had the privilege of ordaining Jordy earlier in the semester as he joined our senior leadership team. He is a Walsh, so he lives on the margin, currently serving as a pastor at CCBI, helping to run the kitchen, teaching couple of classes and each weekend making the 200km journey north to serve as the Youth Pastor at Calvary Chapel Auckland. His heart is for youth, especially the youth of this region and as such about 2 years ago the Lord placed on his heart to start a youth discipleship program. In January 2020, we will see the first Cultivate Youth Discipleship Program start here at The Ark in Te Awamutu. Please pray, it is an exciting adventure and ministry opportunity in conjunction with CCBI.
- Becky, is full of life and wonderfully so. She has been serving with us on staff for about about a year now and it has been a blessing, especially as a dad to see her serve here, we get to lead worship together and I get to support her as she now begins to lead worship herself. Her heart is for Shoreline Calvary and to support Pastor Doug & Destiny and the youth of Shoreline Calvary. Please pray for her, as she seeks the Lord as to his timing to transition across to serve at the church, the provision of support and work to make this possible.
Prayer & Praise
- For Cultivate, we are literally only a month away from the start of this New Youth program, pray for Jordy as he leads the work and sees the Lord bring Hs vision into reality.
- For Gwyn and I as we spend the Holiday season with Family in the Uk, specifically wisdom for how to help support the our Mums in the UK and in particular the ongoing decisions surrounding the care of Gwyn’s mum.
- For Jordan, as he juggles the responsibility of being the Youth Pastor of CC Auckland weekly and still serving at CCBI, for wisdom and provision as he considers the nexts steps in his calling.
- For Becky, as she serves here at CCBI for the time being, for financial provision as serves here on staff as a missionary, for wisdom on timing, as her heart is to serve with Shoreline Calvary in Mount Maunganui.
- Praise and thankfulness for the fruit we are seeing in the ministry. After ten years of CCBI, it is our joy to see former students serve here in New Zealand and in the Islands. Former students, Joe serving as Youth Pastor at Shoreline Calvary, Vickie as worship leader at Shoreline Calvary, Pastor Jarryd and Katy as the minister at Calvary Wellington and Pastor Charles and Tina as they plant Calvary Chapel Nasinu, Fiji, Pastor Kisona as he takes on the senior pastor role of the Garden of Christ, a Tongan/ Tuvaluan Calvary Fellowship in Auckland. Pastor Jordy as he serves with CCBI as part of the Senior leadership team and serves as Youth Pastor for Calvary Chapel Auckland on the North Shore.
- For Gwyn and I, as we continue to seek the Lord for His continuing guidance on our next steps in ministry, for financial provision as times seem increasingly tough, for good health and wisdom as to how to use our time for the maximum benefit of the Kingdom.
Blessings M &G